Being a wide open question, leaving no ground rules for discussion, and just the education narratives we have now, answers came, each of the different. I listened. Drumming in my head was the notion that there is not one next iteration of education. There are thousands, perhaps millions of iterations. My thought is there are a few global tenants we may agree upon.
The tenants I have proposed are these:
- Education focuses on solving problems.
- Build a deep capacity to learn.
- Iterate your own learning and remix others.
- Educators are coaches and guides.
- Individual classes meld into a continuous learning experience.
- Students drive their learning via their passion.
There was not a definitive answer to Will's question, and I don't there will be. Perhaps agreeing basic educational precepts is the best we'll get.